Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Chemo brain

Tell me it's not just the chemo brain. This is confusing, right?

Hi Dr. H.,

I think I've confused myself, so I just want to confirm my medication schedule with you.

Hydrochlorothiazide - take 1 pill daily

Decadron - take 2 pills twice a day for the three days prior to start of cycle, for a total of six doses, then continue through day 5 of chemo cycle.

Immodium - take 2 pills prior to chemo to counteract diarrhea and cramping from Taxotere

Vicodin - take 1 or 2 pills prior to or just after infusion to prevent back cramping

Emend - take the white and pink pill one hour prior to chemo, then take one white pill on day 2 and 3 of cycle

Should I continue to take Zofran and/or compazine? If so, what are your instructions?

Also, I'm not supposed to do anything special for the Herceptin infusions, right?

Is that everything?

Thanks,
Ann

3 comments: