Monday, August 3, 2009

Square One*

Well, we're kind of back at square one. Remember pre-operational chemo? Yeah, that's square one.

It's not the old doctors' fault. Not entirely. It's just that they didn't have enough information to really make this call. When the information came in, it appeared that they were right all along, but not for the reasons they gave me, which doesn't mean you're un-fired, old doctors. It just means you were lucky.

The breast MRI gave us some new information. So now we're back to chemo, then mastectomy, then (possibly) radiation, more chemo and hormone therapy. And reconstruction fits in somehow. Plan A, as it were. And that's okay, because everything's full speed ahead until it isn't, and because it's better to do it right than to do it right now, and because now I understand why. Can we start now?

One more doctor to see, hopefully this week, then the port (oh yeah, that again?) then hopefully we're through with the false starts and chasing around and we can finally start fighting this thing.

* Composed to the sweet sound of my pre-schooler singing "na-na-na-na BAT MAN!"

2 comments:

  1. yeah, seriously, this cancer isn't going to kill itself!!! : )

    glad you are full steam ahead! thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!

    It's been a while since I've been here; I see I've missed quite a bit. I'm so sorry you're going through this, but I gotta say, your attitude sounds pretty kick-ass.

    Putting your new URL in my reader in three...two...one.

    ReplyDelete