Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 3

Day 3 is probably the hardest and most depressing day of the whole cycle. And, for those of you who are counting, today is day 3.

Yesterday, Dave's allergies got really bad, which sucked because I was kind of counting on him to keep Sam busy all day, and it turned out he was on Benadryl, so I just toughed it out. Kath came to get Sam a little after 4, and he was ready to go with her, but apparently started crying for mommy in the car a little while later. I feel bad when he does that. I know he'll get over it, but still it's scary for Auntie. And then, of course, I missed him all night, especially when I put one of his books in his room right before my bedtime and he wasn't there.

I kept myself busy by reorganizing my office, which I guess means I have some energy, but I have to say it's the kind of nervous energy you get when you don't know what the hell's going on or what's going to happen next, or if you should take that medicine now or wait an hour. I'm thirsty, but I don't know if water will make me nauseated. I'm bored, but I'm afraid of Quizno's commercials. I feel okay, but I just never know when that's going to change.

Overall, I'm doing much, much better than last time. I have acupuncture tomorrow, which will be a plus. Everything's going pretty much okay, except that I still have cancer.

1 comment:

  1. hope you make it through the day without too much trouble. maybe you should pick up the new dan brown book?

    ReplyDelete