Sunday, October 25, 2009

Okay...

Okay! Seems like things are going along swimmingly at the moment!

Kath and Chris took Sam yesterday for a 24-hour chemo-weekend respite as usual. (You girls rock!) Instead of lying on the couch the whole time, I actually spent some quality time with the hubs. That's rare because we hardly ever ask anyone to watch him, so we usually have to take an afternoon off from work to hang out together, except for the 30 minutes between when we put Sam to bed and when I pass out in the evenings. This reminded me that I need to look for a teenager to babysit at home, maybe after the boy turns 3.

Dave and I went and shot some pool (no beer for me :( ), then grabbed some dinner, then went for ice cream. I was surprised I was eating so much, but I decided to just go for whatever I wanted instead of trying to restrict myself too much.

This morning I got a lot of planning done, and now Kath and Sam are due back any minute. I missed him. I don't know if I'm ready to run a 5K or anything, but I think I can hold my own this afternoon. Yippee!

2 comments:

  1. so glad things are looking up. glad you got to get out and feel like a human being with dave!!

    ReplyDelete