Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fun Day

Fun day with my boys.

Dave, Sam and I left pretty early (does 11 am count as early?) to check out the Clark's Elioak Petting Farm in Ellicott City. It was cute and kitschy - perfect for a 2 year old. They have a lot of the stuff from Enchanted Forest there, so that was kind of fun, or will be for my parents when I show them the pictures.

Sam really liked petting and feeding the goats, donkeys and horses, but mostly he was interested in the chickens, who were somewhat less interested in him. Sam feasted on the chicken nuggets I brought along (could that be why the chickens were skittish?), and then we wandered around the fairy tale stuff.

I asked Sam if he knew the story of Humpty Dumpty and he said "Yes!" I didn't quite believe him because I don't remember ever telling him that story, so I said, "Oh yeah? Tell me!" And he said, "Humpty and the wall and he fell down!" Which was basically the gist, I guess, although I have no idea where he picked that up.

On the way home, we stopped at the grocery story to pick up a few things for Danny's birthday dinner. He requested a curried cranberry chicken dish that we all love. (Sam scarfed down all his chicken, then said, "Woah! Chicken HOT!" before gulping down his lemonade). This was followed by the inevitable birthday cake.

Tomorrow, we're looking forward to going to the pool with Auntie K!

No comments:

Post a Comment