Friday, July 17, 2009

What's next?

I've been working on all my big plans for a while now. For example, I've been on this weight loss crusade. After being overweight my whole life, I finally decided to really lose the weight and make it stick. I don't really know what distinctions I made that helped me get here, but once I made them, the weight loss thing got easy and here I am 3 months later and 35 pounds lighter.

I also have this idea for a business - kind of an offshoot of my marketing business - and I got really serious about making that happen. The novel was next on my list.

And then all of this.

I've started to get some answers from my doctors about what will happen, and mercifully this has taken me out of disaster-mode, but about a quarter inch to the left of disaster-mode is crisis-mode, where I am now. I am hyper-focused on whatever is right in front of me. Sunday, Brain MRI. Monday, Oncologist. Get the treatment plan. Send it to Dave's friend the oncologist for review. Send it to my cousin the super-star biochemist for his review. And then?

And then start chemo I guess. Not sure when, but probably soon. Probably next week. Get some scarfs. And then?

Then is where my to-do list ends, because after that I have no clue. I'll go to my treatments, however often they are. I'll keep working because I have to, and frankly, because I want to. I'll write here to keep sane.

I got tagged on a facebook meme, "The Threes of Me." One of the questions is this:

What are the three things you're most looking forward to?

I got stuck on this one. I could only think of one. It was this:

Being alive on my son's third birthday.

A viable goal, to be sure, but one that wasn't on my radar two weeks ago.

1 comment: